Before you can set up your e-mail in mac mail you have to make sure it is first set up in your Cpanel. You can access you Cpanel by going to your website address and then typing /cpanel at the end of it. For example: http://replace-with-your-domain.com/cpanel
Please see here tutorial on how to manage email accounts.
- Open Mac Mail and click on the mail button at the top of your screen and select preferences
- click on the Accounts icon at the top of the window that opens
- click on the + symbol at the bottom of your screen to add a new e-mail account
- a window will come up where you have to specify the account type which is a POPfull e-mail addresscontinue button to move to the next step. account. In site description you can type in whatever you like to identify the account (for example “info” or “personal account”). You can then fill in your name as you want it to appear on the e-mails you send out. Below that you fill in your as created through the Cpanel on your site. Click on the
- your incoming mail server will be mail.replace-with-your-domain.com, your username will be your full e-mail address and the password will be whatever you specified in the Cpanel of your site – click continue to move to the next step.
- Do not check the Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and click continue again
- As the outgoing mail server you will type in the smtp address of your internet provider – for example: smtp.comcast.net – if you do not know this information, contact your internet provider and ask them what their outgoing mail server is. Do not check the use authentication box and click continue.
- Click on the done button after you view the account summary and you have successfully set up your e-mail account.